Saturday, September 1, 2007

So - who needs to sleep anyway?

As you may have seen in Leanna's blog, school started this week. That also means that seminary started this week also. Once again I am teaching seminary - the Old Testament. We don't have "sissy seminary" here in Texas - we have Real Men teaching Real Seminary at 6 AM. Our ward has two teachers. I get mostly the Seniors and Juniors as well as one Sophomore who lives close - probably 8 total will normally show up. A good size class.

I find that every day there are three separate lessons - the one I prepare, the one I teach, and the one I wish I would have taught.

I've got another round the world trip coming up soon. (The bishopric has found a sub for me to teach seminary while I'm away.) I will be gone for three weeks this time, all of it in Asia Pacific. I will be in Mumbai, India (we called it Bombay when I was growing up), Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai (China), and Tokyo. I have to go to these cities to train users in our computer system. (Remember that I picked up some added responsibilities a few months ago? This is part of that responsibility.) I've been getting immunizations and arranging for pills so that I won't get sick while away. (Anyone care for a malaria tablet?) Working the visa applications for India and China is a hassle.

I will try to take pictures and post them on a web album. I will be gone from Sept 21 to Oct 13.

Between seminary and all the travel, I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for awhile....

3 comments:

Jon said...

You know, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to overdose on melatonin. Might as well put it to the test, eh? It's the same with a three week thing for us. Comcast had a scheduling issue(meaning they forgot they hired those new people who have only been there for seven weeks) so Crystal and I get 3 more weeks of getting up at 4am before they get things settled. I feel your pain!

bethany said...

I could send Jakson over-then you'd get even less sleep. He doesn't usually wake up at night, well for very long. At least once a night we are awakened by a blood curdling scream and then...silence. It's a little unsettling to say the least. Isn't Nambia or whatever where Angelina Jolie had her baby? I'm sure you are totally up on the celebrity news.

Jefferson said...

Just remember - Napoleon didn't need sleep either!

Now go conquer Asia!